Teachers can assign specific objectives to their classes or to individual students. They can assign objectives from any grade level licensed for the school to their class.
Students will always have access to their assigned grade level objectives in the Journey. The Journey cannot be reordered at this time but Objectives can be snoozed which effectively moves them to the end of the Journey. Teachers can make additional Assignments as a way to supplement the journey with content from other grade levels or to surface content that teachers want students to work on right now. If assignments are provided to students, teachers will need to guide students on when to play the Journey content or Assignments content.
Assignments allow you to
- assign Objectives from any grade level to the entire class or individual students,
- reorder Objectives in students’ Assignments, and
- view progress on assigned Objectives
Why you might want to use Assignments:
- Use Class Assignments to have all students playing the same Objective when introducing, teaching, or reviewing a concept.
- Use Class Assignments to provide whole class access to additional, prior or post-grade level content.
- Use Individual Assignments to provide individual students with remediation or enrichment.
How to Assign an Objective
- Log in to your account at stmath.com/play.
- Select the Curriculum dropdown then choose Objectives
- Navigate to the grade level and Objective you want to add.
- Select Actions then Assign This Objective.
- Select the correct class.
- Select Entire Class or Individual Students.
- When assigning to individual Students, choose 1 or more students.
- Click Assign and dismiss the confirmation.
Assignments are added to the top of the assignments list. The most recently assigned objective will be the first thing students see. If you're assigning multiple objectives at once, you might want to do them in reverse order to save time.
How to Edit, Remove, or Reorder Assigned Objectives
- Select the class.
- Choose the Objectives tab.
- For Class Assignments, click the arrows to move Objectives up or down. Use the gear icon to remove one. For Individual Assignments, click Show, select the student, and select the Objectives tab.
- Choose whether students can play any assigned Objective using the Allow student choice toggle.
- Use Complete and Removed to view assigned Objectives that have been completed by all students or that you have removed. You can also Restore any Objectives you have assigned and then removed here.
Administrators can Assign Objectives
- To assign an Objective to any class or student, Administrators should go to the Objective they wish to assign and then use the orange Actions menu to assign that Objective.