Make your students' first day of using ST Math out of this world!
At ST Math, we know an effective and exciting program implementation can deepen students’ mathematical understanding. Below is a timeline with suggestions and resources to launch ST Math at your school. Let JiJi the penguin bring the fun and celebration of math to your classroom from day one!
Prepare for Launch!
One to two weeks before your ST Math Launch Day
- Confirm that all of your student and teacher accounts have been created.
- Announce your launch date on your school’s website and social media accounts.
- Message example: Our @STMath Launch Day is coming up on DAY, MONTH XX! Students will meet JiJi the penguin and begin a journey to deepen their mathematical understanding all year long. SCHOOL MASCOTS are ready to blast off! #STMath #STMathLaunchDay
- Share the “JiJi is Ready for Blast Off!” video with teachers, families, and students.
- Post the “JiJi is Ready for Blast Off!” poster around your school and in classrooms.
- Send the launch day invitation and an ST Math family letter to students’ families.
- Use the optional fillable text box at the bottom of the invitation to encourage families to have their students dress up or provide other specific information.
- Set ST Math puzzles and minutes goals for your class or with your class.
- We encourage you to aim for 60 minutes (2-3 sessions) of ST Math playtime on launch day. You can also encourage students to try and complete 30 puzzles or more before the day is through.
- Try having your class or students use one of our ST Math data trackers.
- Prepare some fun activities to do during the day in addition to playing ST Math.
- Pre-select some celebration items for your class like trophies, certificates, encouragement notes, and JiJi swag.
- Use Promo code STMATHLAUNCH for 10% off your JiJi Store order.
T-minus 24 Hours!
One day before your ST Math Launch Day
- Include a launch day teaser in the morning announcements.
- Message example: Good morning, teachers and students! *Rocket launch sound effects.* Do you hear that? It’s almost ST Math Launch Day! Get ready to blast off with JiJi tomorrow as we celebrate the wonderful mathematical problem solvers you all are!
- Encourage students to dress like a penguin or wear penguin colors/accessories on launch day.
- Finalize the fun activities your class will do tomorrow in addition to playing ST Math.
- Print your ST Math trophies, certificates, encouragement notes if you haven’t already.
3, 2, 1, Blast Off!
Day-of your ST Math Launch Day
- Start the day with a launch day morning announcement.
- Message example: Good morning, teachers and students! *Rocket launch sound effects.* It’s ST Math Launch Day! Are you excited? We can’t wait to see how many puzzles you solve with JiJi the penguin. Have fun and go solve some problems!
- Play ST Math!
- Engage in a fun activity (or several!) throughout the day to grow JiJi culture.
- Celebrate students hitting their first day puzzle and minute goals with trophies, certificates, encouragement notes, and JiJi swag.
- Post photos and updates to social media during the day.
- Show our ST Math team how you’re celebrating ST Math Launch Day by tagging @STMath on Twitter or Instagram and you might just earn a surprise.