So your district is using visual logins/picture passwords to have students sign into ST Math.
Here's the short version of how schools get started:
1. ST Math creates a district or school super admin user for the primary contact for the school/district.
2. The primary contact creates teacher accounts and any other needed admin accounts.
3. The teachers create classes.
4. The teacher adds students.
a. For students in the first year of using ST Math, the teacher creates an invitation code, provides it to the student, and they create their account and complete password training before they start their journey and/or assignments.
b. For students who have an account already, the teacher imports the student into the class.
5. Students sign into ST Math at play.stmath.com using their picture password and begin playing and learning!
Ready to get started? First, let's learn about what a picture password is.
The Picture Password is a set of 13 pictures that students are taught to recognize. PK, TK, and Kindergarten students start out learning just 8 pictures and will be taught the rest later. Students learn to recognize a unique series of pictures rather than memorize and have to recall a string of seemingly random letters and numbers. Students keep the same picture password every year as long as they use the same ST Math account and don't create a new one.
You can see for yourself in this Picture Password Training Simulation. You'll only learn eight pictures but you may be surprised just how easy it is when we use neuroscience to help us learn. To learn more about picture passwords, check out the help article About Picture Passwords.
Now let's get you started with how to set up your accounts. Here's a slideshow with the steps for teachers to create classes and add students to those classes using an invitation code.
1. Admin user signs into ST Math at play.stmath.com with their username and password. Don't know your password? No problem! Click on Educator Login>Forgot Password and enter your email. A link will be sent to you to reset your password.
2. To add teachers/staff, the admin user clicks on the Settings tab>Staff Tab for the school and enters the email of the individuals they wish to add in the category they wish the individuals to have access as (admin or teacher).
3. To add a class and add students, click the Add button, then name the class and select the grade level for the class. Click Create. Once you have added a class, click on the name of the class to open it and click Add. Then click on "Create Invitation Code" and copy the Invitation code provided.
4. Have students go to play.stmath.com and click on the Invitation Code link. Provide them with the invitation code created for the class and have them enter it and click Go.
5. Students should click "New Account", then enter their First and Last Name, and they will be taken to password training. This should be completed before logging out of ST Math so that students know their entire password to gain access again. If they don't complete the training (which takes 15-20 minutes), teachers can print passwords so that students have them to access the program.
PLEASE NOTE: IF YOUR DISTRICT/SCHOOL USES ROSTERING TO ADD STUDENT ACCOUNTS, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ADD STUDENTS BY FOLLOWING THESE DIRECTIONS. Not sure if your district rosters? Here's a help center article about how to tell whether your schools is rostered or non-rostered.