Console Student Rostering allows customers to create and manage student accounts from our website simply and securely. Once accounts are created, they are ready to use. Students will have access to their grade-level content immediately and teachers can then create classes and search for students by name to add them to their class list.
Below you will find the steps necessary to create and manage student accounts in ST Math using the Student Console Rostering Process. A district employee with access to SIS data and ST Math is required to set up student accounts.
District database administrators need to maintain their student accounts by:
- Performing regular roster uploads to keep student enrollment up to date
- Addressing and correcting any errors shown when a students file is uploaded to the ST Math system
Roster file: CSR_template.csv
Files are uploaded by the designated administrator within the ST Math application. The students file will be used to create all student accounts within the district. Each file upload must contain all active students and include all required fields. Any students removed from the CSV file will be removed from ST Math.
The first uploaded file will be tested and a report provided. The admin should review and approve the import of the data or create a new file as needed.
For subsequent uploads, the admin will download the most recently processed csv file (instead of a blank template) and update it with new information to reflect any students changes (adding or removing students, and changes to student details)
Subsequent uploads will be tested, Admin should review the report, then either approve or make revisions.
- Use the csv file provided once you sign in to your ST Math account.
- Use the comma separated values format (.csv) for all uploads with the format provided in the file template
- The CSV file should contain field values separated by commas, with line breaks between rows. Double quotes around fields are required when the field value includes a comma
- The CSV file should contain only current students
- The CSV file should contain one row for each student
- A header row is required. Names of headers must match the template exactly
- All fields on the file are required. If required fields are not provided, the row will not be processed
- Alpha-numeric values are not case sensitive. Example nan3218 is the same as NaN3218
students.csv - Header, fields, and descriptions (all fields are required):
|Students.csv Column Name||id||first||last||grade||username||password|
A numeric, alpha, alpha-numeric or email address that is unique to each student in the district
Note: IDs cannot be reused when students leave the district)
Student first name
|Student last name||
The only acceptable
(PK, TK, K,
A numeric, alpha or alpha-numeric username for the student to sign into ST Math that is unique to each student in the district
Note: Usernames cannot be reused, even when students leave the district.)
A numeric, alpha or alpha-numeric password for the student to sign into ST Math.
For security, passwords should be unique.
Using the Student Upload Feature in ST Math
District admins can go to Settings > Student Roster to upload new files, and see previous uploads.
To upload data:
- Click 'Import Student Data'.
- Use 'Download' to download the most recently processed file, or a blank template if this is your first upload.
- Make any changes you need to the file. Any students added to the file will be added to ST Math. Students removed from the file will be removed from ST Math.
- Once the file is updated, save it as a .csv file to your computer.
- Click 'Browse' to find and select your updated file and click 'Scan'. This can take a few minutes.
- Look at the feedback.
- Red errors will prevent the file from being processed. Correct them and try again.
- Yellow errors may or may not be intentional. Click 'Download Warnings Report' to see where they are.
- The summary will show what the results of the file upload will be. You can use 'Download Change Log' to see exactly which students will be affected.
- If the results look good, select 'Import Changes' to make them final. If they don't, click 'Cancel' and try again.
Instructions for teachers
An admin in your district will upload students in the ST Math software. Once students have been added to the district, teachers will create classes and add students. They can see how to do this here: How do I create a staff-managed class and add students (rostered)?
Error: Too Many Columns
Fix: Open your file in a text edit application to delete any extra columns after the 6 required columns
Error: Login timed out before I could import changes
Fix: upload the file to scan again and then import changes