Console Student Rostering allows customers to create and manage student accounts from our website simply and securely. Once accounts are created, they are ready to be added to classes. Administrators or teachers can create classes and search for students by name to add them to the class. Students will have access to their grade-level content immediately upon being added to the class. It is the district’s responsibility to notify teachers and students of assigned students' usernames and passwords.
District database administrators need to maintain their student accounts by:
- Performing regular roster uploads to keep student enrollment up to date
- Addressing and correcting any errors shown when a file is uploaded to the ST Math system
Roster file: CSR_template.csv
Files are uploaded by the designated district administrator within the ST Math application. The students file will be used to create all student accounts within the district. Each file upload must contain all active students in the district and include all required fields in the order shown on the template. Headings on the template should not be changed or moved. Any students removed from the CSV file will be removed from ST Math. Students are uploaded into a district pool rather than by school.
The uploaded file will be tested and a report provided. The admin should review and approve the import of the data or edit/create a new file as needed.
For subsequent uploads, the admin will download the most recently processed csv file (instead of starting from a blank template) and update it with new information to reflect any students changes (adding or removing students, and changes to student details). Students removed and then re-added must be imported to a class, as they will have been removed from any classes where they were imported.
Subsequent uploads will be tested, the report reviewed, then either approved or revisions made and reuploaded.
- Use the csv file provided once you sign in to your ST Math account.
- Use the comma separated values format (.csv) for all uploads with the format provided in the file template
- The CSV file should contain field values separated by commas, with line breaks between rows. Double quotes around fields are required when the field value includes a comma
- The CSV file should contain only current students
- The CSV file should contain one row for each student
- A header row is required. Names of headers must match the template exactly and should not be moved
- All fields on the file are required. If required fields are not provided, the row will not be processed
- Alpha-numeric values are not case sensitive. Example nan3218 is the same as NaN3218
students.csv - Header, fields, and descriptions (all fields are required):
|Students.csv Column Name||id||first||last||grade||username||password|
A numeric, alpha, alpha-numeric or email address that is unique to each student in the district
Note: IDs cannot be reused when students leave the district)
Student first name
|Student last name||
The only acceptable
(PK, TK, K,
A numeric, alpha or alpha-numeric username for the student to sign into ST Math that is unique to each student in the district
Note: Usernames cannot be reused, even when students leave the district.)
A numeric, alpha or alpha-numeric password for the student to sign into ST Math.
For security, passwords should be unique.