Teachers of students using ST Math in grades 6-8 have the option to have below-grade level content auto-assigned as a result of a diagnostic test.
The video below shows:
- Students access the Diagnostic Pre-test by going to the Assignments house.
- Upon completion, they are given their score and can review their answers.
- Depending on the results, objectives from up to four topic clusters will automatically be assigned to that student.
- Students can access those assigned topic clusters by returning to the Assignments house.
- When students have completed all their Auto Assignments, they will be taken to the Diagnostic Post-test automatically.
- Teachers can access information about students' results by clicking on either the class or student Objectives tab and then the Assignments sub-tab.
To learn more, visit the ST Math Academy's Focus On: Using the Middle School Auto-Assignments.
For more information on exactly what is in the Auto-Assignment Topic Clusters, visit this page.
Can a teacher view the items in the Diagnostic Test?
- Diagnostic Test items can only be viewed when a student completes the test and they are given the option to review their answers.
Can the Objectives in the Topic Clusters be assigned?
- No, they are exclusive to the Auto-Assignments.
Can the Auto-Assigned objectives be turned off?
- Yes, educators can turn on/off auto assignments. Click here for additional information.