This article is for districts that utilize one of our rostering solutions. Your district creates classes and adds new students directly from your Student Information System (SIS) and uploads to ST Math through files submitted or through an application like ClassLink or Clever.
Students and staff will have uninterrupted access to ST Math all summer long. Students will continue to play the current school year's Journey and incomplete Assignments. Staff will continue to see student data.
There are 3 significant dates outlined below:
- Enrollment Freeze - occurs July 1st. On this date, current school year SIS Managed classes are frozen. Staff and students will continue to have access to ST Math. Rostering will continue to create new accounts; however, those staff and students will not be assigned to a class. Rostering will no longer make changes to the current classes, move students, or remove students. Districts can request a different Enrollment Freeze date by contacting ST Math Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pre-Enrollment - begins when your district begins sharing the upcoming new school year data with ST Math.
- Curriculum Rollover - indicates the start of the new school year once roster files are received, typically the week school starts. The curriculum rollover date will be set and students begin working in the current school year. Student puzzles and minutes are reset to zero.
After the Enrollment Freeze:
- Teachers can view SIS Managed classes.
- Teachers can create new Staff Managed classes, add existing ST Math students, and create assignments.
- If a new student is enrolled during this time, the teacher will need to add the student to a Staff Managed Class to see the student’s data.
- Students will continue to play in their current school year's Journey and Assignments.
After Pre-Enrollment Begins:
- Teachers will begin to see their upcoming school year classes in ST Math as rosters begin to process. This can be viewed via a DropDown to toggle between school years. The upcoming school year will be available to view but is not yet active.
- Teachers will not yet be able to change a student’s Journey for the upcoming school year. (For example, Teachers will not be able to lower a student’s grade level journey based on their IEP during this time.)
- Teachers can create assignments for the upcoming school year.
- Students will continue to play in current school year Journey and Assignments.
After the Curriculum Rollover Occurs:
- Teachers will see data for the new (now the current) school year.
- Teachers can now change a student grade level on the Journey.
- Teachers cannot make changes to SIS Managed Classes.
- Teachers can create additional Staff Managed classes as needed with current ST Math students. (coming soon). This may be helpful for small group assignment and management purposes.
- Students are playing in the new (now current) school year.
- Students will begin gathering minutes and puzzles for the new school year.
NOTE: Students will continue to play in the previous school year until they are added to the upcoming school year class through roster files shared with ST Math.
Here is an example of how this process works with a sample date of the first day of the new school year as Wednesday, August 25th.